In this article, we are presenting you the GetResponse Review, an in-depth hands-on review of one of the oldest email marketing tools available out there. In this review, we’ll help you decide if this is the right marketing tool for your business, or not?
We’ll look at what exactly is GetResponse, all the new & important features, the newsletter service, automation, pricing plans, pros & cons, and of course frequently asked questions (FAQs).
So without any further ado, let’s just jump deeper into this globally famous all-in-one marketing tool.
GetResponse: The All-in-One Marketing Platform
Started back in 1997, GetResponse is one of the most highly acclaimed and reputed all-in-one and email marketing services. The tool has taken a large portion of the market by storm, having over 350,000 customers across the globe.
This is one of the few services available out there offering services to both small and enterprise-sized businesses. This polish based company has a global demand in over 180 countries and engages over a billion subscribers.
With features like Custom landing page building, A/B testing, Design Testing, Video Marketing, Automation, Spam Testing, List Automating, and Conversion Funnel, this all-in-one email marketing service has always given a run for their money to its competitors.
One of the important things that make this tool a great choice for all kinds of businesses is the 24/7 customer support, which is a great help for small-sized, as well as medium-sized companies.
And to top it all, customers can also get a free 30-days trial before buying the premium plans of the services to get a better hands-on experience of the service.
GetResponse Review: Pricing
GetResponse being the old gun of this game, has really planned their pricing table very smartly. It has open doors for both newborn start-ups and enterprises as per their necessary requirements.
GetResponse allows you to choose your desired billing period among Monthly, 12-Month, and 24-Month time slabs. The four plans offered by GetResponse are:
- Basic Plan: $15/month for a List Size of 1,000, going up ot $450/month for a list size of 100,000. This pricing plan offers your features like Email Marketing, Autoresponders, Unlimited landing pages, Facebook Ads, Selling e-Products, Sale Funnels, Unlimited Lead Funnels, and Unlimited Automation templates as well
- Plus Plan: $49/month for a List Size of 1,000 and goes up to $499/month for a List Size of 100,000. Here you get all the features of the Basic Plan and additionally you get features like Automation Builder, Webinars, Work Together, Webinar Funnels, Contact Scoring & Tagging
- Professional Plan: $99/month for a List Size of 1,000 and $580/month for a List Size of 100,000. Features here include everything you get in Plus Plan, and additionally Paid Webinars, Unlimited Automation Builder, Webinars( 300 attendees), On-Demand Webinars, Unlimited Sales Funnels, and Work Together(For 5)
- Enterprise Plan: This is a quote based plan where you would have to contact the sales team of GetResponse. The List Size here can have over 100,000 contacts. You also get features like Dedicated IP address, Account Manager, Webinars, Deliverability Consulting, and Single Sign-on.
Pros & Cons
- The updated email builder is amazingly simple to use. Not a while ago a lot of users had complaints regarding this area of GetResponse and the team has done some incredible job. The builder is very well revised now and it allows a good amount of email content building practices
- One of the important things users ask for is a good visual builder, and GetResponse has the best one in the business. It has everything that a great email marketing service provider should offer
- GetResponse is one of the few providers that are actually very transparent about the deliverability rates, publishing figures, and in offering deliverability statistics. This is a very important feature making it flexible for all sizes of business houses
- 24/7 Support is a wide variety of different languages just makes the user experience much simpler. That’s an important factor in making a tool truly global
- Talking about the budget factor, this is one of the cheapest in its category, if we talk about the basic plan. The additional discounts you receive for paying one or two years of service is just too good. This is tough to grab in other competitors
- Another very amazing feature of GetResponse is the List Building feature, which makes this tool a good option for setting-up and using segmented lists
- The drag and drop interface which you can use in creating landing pages is not the best in the market. It certainly needs a lot of improvements
- There are few features here that just don’t work in the mobile devices. Like the Slide-in form capture is in great demand these days but is not available on the phone
- The analytics offered is pretty good, but are quite slow and confusing as compared to other email marketing providers.
Here is quick video review of GetResponse
1. A/B Testing
A/B testing feature is actually provided in a lot of new email marketing service providers and is pretty common. But what makes A/B Testing of GetResponse stand out in this area is its approach in surpassing the basic subject time testing.
Here you can actually test the content of the email against each other. You also get to choose what particular type of test you want to run. You also get to simply decide on what portion of your subscribers you want to test. You can do that by simply using the drag slider, which is unparalleled to its competitors.
2. Marketing Automation
GetResponse actually checks a lot of boxes when it is about marketing automation functionality. This is actually a new version of their previous function called “Autoresponders”. This allows you to use workflow drag and drop builders to automate your marketing functionality. You can set-up a flowchart instructing GetResponse what exactly to do when a user does a particular action, like clicking on a certain link and so on.
This is what makes GetResponse stand out of the crowd. Traditionally you only get a set of fixed functionality when it comes to autoresponders. But using GetResponse you can customize your automation workflow simply with the help of a flowchart.
3. e-Newsletter Templates
There has also been a recent update in this feature of GetResponse, which has made the templates much better and beautiful than the old ones. GetResponse has around 60 of them to offer and all of them vary in nature to each other. There are however 500 old templates also available, but they are prone to not appear perfectly on the latest Gmail mobile versions.
e-Newsletter offered in GetResponse is one of the easiest to work with and is amazingly flexible for all kinds of business needs. And of course, you can use these templates in your marketing automation campaigns.
This is an area where all the email marketing service providers are working tirelessly. GetResponse has pretty good offerings in this section. Of course, you get all the basic reporting options like Open Rate and Click-Through, but GetResponse also has a lot of other amazing reporting options like Email ROI, Metrics Overtime, User Info, and e-Newsletter performance comparison.
You can also make use of the one-click segmenting feature which lets you identity non-interested people that do not respond to your e-newsletters.
Other competitors of GetResponse do offer some amazing features, but undoubtedly reposting tools offered in GetResponse is just the best.
5. Landing Page Creator
Landing page builders are in great demand these days, as these pages have been generating a lot of potential leads. One of the most amazing features offered by GetResponse is the Landing Page Builder that helps your create your customized landing page easily.
And not just mere building pages, it also lets you test the conversion rate of these pages and help you choose the best-performing ones.
The interface and page builder is something that makes your life much easier. It is super easy to build a page here and certainly helps you influence more leads on your website and business.
6. New Updates
GetResponse has a lot of updates coming in at decent intervals. Some of the new updates include features like Autofunnel that actually shows the process of a customer going in before the purchase of the product.
There are 40 ready to use templates available in the Autofunnel feature to help you process the entire scenario of the customer.
Also, GetResponse helps you to integrate with e-commerce platforms to help you make the point-of-sale process much more feasible, with the use of services like PayPal, Stripe, and Square. You can also integrate with third-party platforms like Shopify and Etsy to help you fill your email with the product details easily.
GetResponse: Is This The One For Me?
Recommended If: This is a pretty amazing email marketing tool, and there are a lot of facts in favor of this tool. If you need an email marketing service with a lot of amazing automation features and a true automation experience, this is definitely the one for you.
Also, if you have an aim to do direct sales from your emails and other services, like newsletters, then this is an amazing choice. You can very easily integrate a lot of different e-commerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, and Etsy. You can also do a full-fledged sales tracking of your emails. This is pretty ideal if you are a start-up, small business, or even a medium-sized business.
Another pretty good reason this is the go-to choice for you is that if you want to up your inbound lead capturing game, this one can truly help you. Flexible and easy to use analytics, Landing page editor, Segmentation, Lead capturing and nurturing, as well as hosting live on-demand webinars makes this a great choice.
Recommended not: There is, of course, a set of things that can be improved in the service, such as the complicated analytics, mobile-friendly features, and deliverability rate.
This service provider has a lot of room for improvement in the area of deliverability rate, which is what email marketing services are all about. In many tests all around the world, many results have been against GetResponse and other competitors like MailChimp have performed little better than GetResponse. Also, there are not a lot of options available out there for new templates which makes it a difficult choice for new-age designers and marketers.
Q1. What about the refund policy of GetResponse?
Ans. GetResponse is actually a pay-as-you-use service, so refunds are not to be expected immediately after payments. No special fee is charged on payments but refunds rules are pretty strict here. That is why it is highly recommended to go for the 30-days Free Trial of GetResponse so that you can make a decision for yourself.
Q2. Webinars on Mobile Devices?
Ans. Yes of course! Your attendees can surely make use of the GetResponse Webinar application. The app is available on iOS and Android devices for absolutely free. You can run live events and it is pretty easy to use this app as per our hands-on experience.
Q3. Can GetResponse be used in a WordPress page or website?
Ans. Yes and it is pretty simple to do that. You don’t need to add any special coding or any kind of external attachment. All you need is the GetResponse for WordPress plugin.
This plugin lets you add GetResponse forms anywhere on the WordPress page, add and nest with Contact Form 7 or BuddyPress, and can even add a opt-in box for comments and registration. This plugin just makes the overall GetResponse experience much easier and faster for all users.
1. MailChimp : Undoubtedly the best alternative, MailChimp helps you in designing and sharing email campaigns across multiple email ad channels, and helps in tracking results as well. This seems like a personal publishing platform for email marketers.
2. AWeber : Very much similar to GetResponse, this service helps small businesses in automating emails and newsletter delivery, and of course in increasing customer retention.
3. HubSpot : An all-in-one platform for all kinds of digital marketers, HubSpot’s software service has a lot to offer. Since 2006, HubSpot has been offering various services like CRM, Service Hub, and Marketing Hub. The marketing automation is the easiest here.
4. MailerLite : One of the easiest to use email marketing tool. You get to create professional-looking email campaigns, even if you don’t have much experience in this field. The templates are very attractive and beautiful.
Certainly, GetResponse is one of the leaders in the market and its features & performance prove that fact perfectly. We found this amazing email marketing tool to be a great option for all kinds and sizes of businesses, especially small and medium ones. So if you like the features and pros listed above, then surely go for this tool without any doubt.