We will review the full features of the SEMrush SEO tool in this post. If you are planning to improve your organic search stats, this article analyzes SEMRush to identify features, pricing, pros, cons, etc and the unique benefits so you can easily decide if SEMrush is the right tool for your SEO optimization requirements.
It is HIGHLY recommended to try the tool before making a decision on buying it. It offers a free trial period, you can use the tool during the trial period to verify SEMrush features.
SEMrush: Features Comparison
SEMrush is an all in one SEO toolkit and their pricing starts at $99.95/mo which is used by over 5 million people worldwide.
Let us have a look at features of both the tools:
List of SEMrush features:
- Organic research which helps you easily find your competitors best keywords, new organic competitors, observe domain position changes and so on
- Backlink too which helps you perform deep link analysis of any website, understand referring domain authority
- Keyword research tool helps you find the right keywords for SEO and PPC campaigns, gather phrase matches and related keywords
- Traffic Analytics tool helps you find any web site’s traffic and monitor competitor marketing activities and strategies
- Market Explorer helps you analyze new markets and niches, Gain in-market audience insights
- Domain vs domain comparison
- Keyword Magic tool which helps you find over 20 million keyword ideas, Create up to 50 target keyword lists
- SEO Writing Assistant lets you Optimize Your Content for Your Target Keywords, Maintain Your Brand’s Tone of Voice in Each Content Piece
- Site Audit tool helps you check your site’s health, find all your site issues and fix them
- POsition tracking lets you Track your positions for any keyword, Discover local competitors
- Social media tracker Leverages competitor analysis to create a winning strategy
- Brand Monitoring Monitor Your Brand Reputation, Discover New Opportunities
- On-page SEO checker Analyze Google ranking factors affecting your website’s performance
- Advertising research tool to find your competitors ad copies and strategies
- Display Advertising Tool Analyze competitors’ display ads
- Ad Builder Find ideas for your ad creatives and use them as a template, Create effective text ads right in the tool
Major Features of SEMrush
Here is an overview of some of the major features of SEMrush
SEMrush Dashboard Overview (With Pros & Cons)
Here’s how the SEMrush dashboard looks like;
As you can see above, from SEMrush rank, domain overview to backlink gap to position tracking, you can find literally any SEO related task using SEMrush.
Pros of SEMrush:
- With 128,000,000+ domains and 120,000,000+ keywords in its 29 databases, this is the best SEO tool to increase your SEO strategy.
- You will find almost every tool that helps you improve your SEO from finding keywords to backlink analysis to keyword position tracking. It covers everything.
- It allows you to check Domain Vs Domain metrics which is really helpful for competing with your competitors.
- You can track your competitors and consequently improve your own SEO ranking.
- It provides more competitive data and each keyword is backed by a long history like how popular it is, who has used it, what is its value, and so on.
- It’s AdSense Publishers Report enables you to discover where exactly your competitors are advertising.
- You get an estimation of how much your competitor might be spending on AdWords in comparison to Product Listing Ads (PLAs).
- If you want to know how good or bad a website is performing on Google, then use SEMrush’s site audit tool and you will get all the site issues.
Cons of SEMrush:
- SEMrush base plan allows only 1 user compared to other SEO tools
- SEMrush base plan offers only 3 sites compared to other SEO tools
Learn more about SEMrush using Free SEMrush academy courses:
SEMrush pricing plans start at $99.95 per month and go all the way up to $399.95. You can save up to 16% when you go with their annual plans.
Keyword Research Overview of SEMrush
Here’s how the keyword research tool on SEMrush looks like
As you can see above, you’ll find a ton of keyword data including search volume, paid search data, CPC, keyword suggestions, keyword trends.
You’ll also find;
Phrase match keywords (with volume, CPC, SERP)
Related keywords (with volume, CPC, SERP)
Site Audits Overview of SEMrush
As you can see above, you can get a full health score of your site along with;
It also gives you suggestions on how to fix all your site issues to improve your site’s health score for better SEO performance.
You can find all the backlink sources of your competitors (along with new and lost links) as seen above.
Learn more about SEMrush tool using Free SEMrush Academy courses:
Why Use SEMrush?
SEMrush is your all-in-one SEO tool that helps you find profitable keywords and crush your competitors by spying on their keywords, backlinks, traffic and ad strategies.
If you want to outrank your competitors, this is the only tool we recommend.
SEMrush databases are updated very frequently, and that’s the one reason why you get accurate data.
If you’re looking for the RIGHT SEO tool and looking for a better tool to know what keywords your competitors are ranking for along with their traffic, backlink sources etc – SEMrush is the perfect tool for you. Here are a few major benefits of using SEMrush.
Leverage market intelligence to make better-informed decisions
- Discover top players, indirect competitors, their traffic shares and trends with Market Explorer
- Get into your rivals’ marketing strategies and tactics with Traffic Analytics
- Reveal any company’s performance with the Top Pages report
- Gain insight into your target audience with Audience Overlap and Market Explorer
Monetize Your Audience with SEMrush
- Pick the most profitable niches with CPC Map
- Boost your organic traffic with On-Page SEO Checker
- Analyze successful publishers with Display Advertising
- Create relevant content with SEO Writing Assistant
The Best Tools for Each Step of the Keyword Research Process
- Get a Quick Analysis
- Build a Keyword Master List
- Discover Your Organic Competitors
- Compare Keyword Portfolios
- Track Keyword Performance
- Research your target audience with Market Explorer
Boost Your Content Marketing with SEMrush Content Platform
- Find a Topic
- Create a Content Plan
- Get a Template for SEO-Friendly Content
- Order Content
- Optimize the Article
- Analyze Mentions
- Measure Your Content Impact
- Revise and Improve Your Content
Hands-off Social Media Tool
- Round-the-clock social content across all social networks
- Analyze your social performance
- Tweak your campaigns based on benchmarking data
- Analyze your social performance
SEMrush for E-commerce
All-in-one solution to boost your online store
Optimize your online store from every angle
Audit your site to correct meta information and make your content unique. Get backlink ideas and other recommendations. Research keywords and borrow them from competitors. Track positions on a daily basis and find out competitors, who rank with your keywords.
Take your ad campaigns to the next level
Explore PLA copies and the keywords triggering them. Create ad text directly in the SEMrush interface. Cross-match negative keywords to stay on budget. Use proven techniques to optimize your CPC and get more conversions for less money.
Take care of your brand reputation by monitoring and responding to customer reviews in a timely manner. Find topics that people search and content ideas for your site. One-click posting to multiple social media directly from the SEMrush interface.
Is the SEMrush tool worth paying for?
This SEMrush review was done to give you whether a tool is worth paying for or not. So yes, it’s worth every penny. We’re not exaggerating it but try SEMrush free for 7 days and let us know. You won’t regret buying it.
Verdict: SEMrush is the #1 tool that is highly recommended by the majority of the SEO experts. If you are on a budget and want to have access to an SEO tool that allows you to perform almost everything from finding keywords to spying on your competitor’s backlinks, try it.
What SEO experts are saying?
If you are still not convinced, here are some external article by SEO experts on SEMrush features and how it compares to other SEO tools in the market:
An excellent review of SEMrush tool features by Robbie richards:
SEMRush Review and Tutorial: 38 Ways to Level-Up Your Digital Marketing
Antoher great article on popular SEO tool data comparison by Brian Dean here:
Final Thoughts: SEMrush Review for 2020
SEMrush is a perfectly optimized SEO tool and offers excellent features to their customers. If you’re a blogger and marketer, give SEMrush a try, you will find it essential to growing your search traffic.
Before jumping into a conclusion on which SEO tool to use, we’d highly recommend you to try SEMrush
So what are you waiting for? Try them for free and let us know the best-suited tool for your SEO in 2020. We hope you liked the SEMrush review. If you have any more questions, let us know in the comments.